Designed and developed in consultation with industry experts, this nationally recognised comprehensive course is recognised by the MFAA, FBAA and ASIC and by lenders and aggregators alike.
There are 2 course options:
- Upgrade Diploma – the Certificate IV (eg. FNS40811 or FNS40815) is an NFI pre-requisite if choosing the Upgrade Diploma course. The Upgrade Diploma is available for those seeking to broaden the scope of their existing residential broking skills providing additional depth of understanding of both management skills and commercial lending.
- Full Diploma – there are no pre-requisite if choosing the FULL Diploma course. Students will study 2 Modules, the first focussing on residential lending and the second focussing on commercial lending. Click here for information on the Full Diploma for students not wishing to complete the Certificate IV separately.
The following 7 units of competency are covered in this FNS50315 Upgrade Diploma course. The remaining 8 competencies required for a full Diploma qualification are covered as part of the NFI pre-requisite FNS40815 Certificate IV.
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- FNSFMB502 Identify and develop complex broking options for client
- FNSFMB503 Present broking options to client with complex needs
- FNSFMB504 Implement complex loan structures
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- FNSPRM601 Establish, supervise and monitor practice systems to conform with legislation and regulations
- FNSRSK602 Determine and manage risk exposure strategies
Click here for the MFAA’s education requirements for membership.
Study options and pricing:
- A 2-day workshop (small groups to allow for individualised attention, $1145). Click here to see Scheduled Dates
- Distance learning (correspondence study with hard copy of course material express mailed), $845
- Online learning (at home study via NFI’s online course platform), $645
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for experienced lenders/loan officers/brokers/consultants, $695 if Cert IV already held (or $895 for Cert IV + Diploma RPL together).
The study of the Diploma course has been developed for:
- People currently working for, or as, a mortgage broker or similar who are looking to formalise or expand their skills in order to offer clients commercial lending options;
- People who believe they would enjoy working in the mortgage broking industry and are looking to gain not only the formal qualification but additional knowledge to expand their future company’s scope;
- People who currently hold a Cert IV and want to undertake the Diploma in order to comply with the MFAA’s latest minimum education requirement for membership;
- People outside the industry who are considering entering the mortgage broking or lending industry in an advanced capacity in order to have the option of increasing their income from broking.
Completion periods: – The structure of our courses is such that the they can be completed as quickly or as slowly as a trainee prefers within the allocated time.
- UPGRADE DIPLOMA -Trainees have 6 months in which to complete the FNS50315 Upgrade Diploma course. This completion period for the Upgrade Diploma assumes the trainee already holds an FNS40815 Certificate IV or equivalent qualification and is seeking to complete only 7 units as part of the Upgrade Diploma.
- FULL DIPLOMA – Trainees have 12 months to complete the Full Diploma course. Full Diploma covers both residential and commercial lending/management topics.
- PACKAGE OPTION – Trainees undertaking the FNS40815 Certificate IV and FNS50315 as a package, will have 6 months to complete the Certificate IV, then an additional 6 months to complete the Diploma, if required.
Quick links to Diploma course forms:
- Fact Sheet on the Upgrade Diploma study course
- Fact Sheet on the Full Diploma study course
- RPL application for Upgrade Diploma qualification
- RPL application for Full Diploma qualification
- Scheduled Workshop Dates
- ENROLMENT FORM – If you are unable to enrol through our website (look for the green Enrol Here button), you can access an enrolment form in pdf format from this link which you can fax, mail or scan/email)
Back to Course Index Page