Designed and developed in consultation with industry experts, this nationally recognised comprehensive course is recognised by the MFAA, FBAA and ASIC and by lenders and aggregators alike. There are 3 course options:
- Upgrade Diploma - the Certificate IV (FNS40820) is a pre-requisite if choosing the Upgrade Diploma course. The Upgrade Diploma is available for those seeking to broaden the scope of their existing residential broking skills providing additional depth of understanding of risk, sustainability, ethical considerations and more complex lending.
- Upgrade Diploma - if the version of the Certificate IV held is not FNS40820 then a Gap Training Module will be provided in addition to the Upgrade Diploma course. This will allow you to update your essential knowledge of recent compliance changes, for example Best Interests Duty (BID). The Upgrade Diploma plus the Gap Training Module is available for those seeking to broaden the scope of their existing residential broking skills providing additional depth of understanding of risk, sustainability, ethical considerations and more complex lending.
- Full Diploma - there are no pre-requisites if choosing the FULL Diploma course. Students will study 2 Modules, the first focuses on residential lending and the second focuses on more complex lending concepts, sustainability and ethical considerations. Click here for information on the Full Diploma for students not wishing to complete the Certificate IV separately.
- FNSFMB512 Identify and develop credit options for clients with special financial circumstances
- FNSFMB513 Present broking options to client with special financial circumstances
- FNSFMB514 Implement complex loan structures
- FNSINC504 Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
- FNSRSK511 Undertake risk identification
- FNSRSK512 Assess risks
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
Click here for the MFAA's education requirements for membership.
Study options and pricing:
- A 2-day live Zoom virtual workshop (small groups to allow for individualised attention, $1145). Click here to see Scheduled Dates
- Distance learning (correspondence study with hard copy of course material express mailed), $845
- Online learning (at home study via NFI's online course platform), $645
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for experienced lenders/loan officers/brokers/consultants, $695 if Cert IV already held (or $895 for Cert IV + Diploma RPL together).
- People currently working for, or as, a mortgage broker or similar who are looking to formalise or expand their skills in order to offer clients commercial lending options;
- People who believe they would enjoy working in the mortgage broking industry and are looking to gain not only the formal qualification but additional knowledge to expand their future company's scope;
- People who currently hold a Cert IV and want to undertake the Diploma in order to comply with their aggregator's or the MFAA's minimum education requirements;
- People outside the industry who are considering entering the mortgage broking or lending industry in an advanced capacity in order to have the option of increasing their income from broking.
- UPGRADE DIPLOMA - Trainees have 6 months in which to complete the FNS50320 Upgrade Diploma course. This completion period for the Upgrade Diploma assumes the trainee already holds a Certificate IV and may or may not need to complete the Gap Training Module, depending on the version of the Cert IV held.
- FULL DIPLOMA - Trainees have 12 months to complete the Full Diploma course. Full Diploma covers both residential and complex lending/management topics.
- PACKAGE OPTION - Trainees undertaking the FNS40820 Certificate IV and FNS50320 as a package, will have 6 months to complete the Certificate IV, then an additional 6 months to complete the Diploma, if required.
Quick links to Diploma course forms:
- Fact Sheet on the Upgrade Diploma study course
- Fact Sheet on the Full Diploma study course
- RPL application for Upgrade Diploma qualification
- RPL application for Full Diploma qualification
- Scheduled Workshop Dates
- ENROLMENT FORM - If you are unable to enrol through our website (look for the green Enrol Here button), you can access an enrolment form in pdf format from this link which you can fax, mail or scan/email)
Private tuition is available for trainees already enrolled in the Certificate IV or the Diploma of Mortgage Broking. Delivered either by phone or visually by Skype, one of our trainers can be booked for a one-on-one hour of private training. Frequently used by some trainees if experiencing difficulty with their assignments, in particular for the Diploma level assignments. This option is $140 p.h.Click here for information on what Government financial assistance may be available to you.
Back to Course Index Page