Diploma containing 11 units:
Online e-learning mode, 11 units – $2,050 full course or $205 per unit
Distance learning, 11 units (hard copy provided + online access) – $2,350 full course + postage or $235 per unit + postage
Postage costs – order one unit at a time, postage is $10; more than one unit postage is $30 each order.
Skill Set / Pre-requisite units (if applicable) containing 7 units:
Online e-learning mode, 7 units – $750 for all 7 units or $165 per unit
Distance learning, 7 units (hard copy provided + online access) – $1,050 for all 7 units + postage or $195 per unit + postage
RPL + online study combination to achieve FNSSS00014 Skill Set- $995
PACKAGE PRICE – 7 Skill Set Pre-requisite units PLUS 11 Diploma units:
Online e-learning mode package – $2,500 (for 15 – 17 units online) – SAVE $300*
Distance learning package $2,800 + postage (for 15 -17 units, hard copy provided + online access) – SAVE $600*
* These package savings are based on the package course fee being paid in full upon commencement. Number of units within Package depends on which if any units are utilised for Credit Transfer.
Completion time: If studying the full course you have 12 months for completion of the 12 units. If studying one unit at a time, you have 3 months per unit for completion. For Skill Set + Diploma units, completion time is 18 months.
This FNS50217 qualification has replaced the FNS50215 qualification. If you have been enrolled in the FNS50215 qualification and would like us to assist you with a “Transition Plan” towards this new FNS50217 qualification please email email@example.com or call us on 1300 765 400 .
The FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting is a nationally recognised qualification which meets TPB requirements. The course reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries, including BAS Agents, accounts payable and accounts receivable officers, payroll service providers, and employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries. Individuals in these roles may apply solutions to a range of problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and provide guidance to others within defined guidelines.
If you are searching for us on the TPB website, please note we are there as “Registered Training Organisation” and your Diploma course/unit or qualification by study or RPL will be accepted by the TPB as proof of your BAS/Payroll qualification/knowledge incorporating the required TASA/Code of Conduct topics.
Potential career paths:
- BAS Agent (work experience + the qualification = BAS Agent registration with TPB)
- Payroll Officer
- Receivables Officer
- Cost Accountant
- Trainee Financial Accountant
This course is available as an online course or through distance learning, offering that flexible study-at-home option. Distance learning provides online access plus hard copies of each of the units, which are mailed to you.
You have 12 months for completion of the full course (11 units) or 18 months if the Accounting Principles Skill Set (see below) 7 pre-requisite units are also required. However, as the course is delivered online you may find you are able to progress through your studies in a faster period of time. If studying one unit of competency at a time, the completion deadline is set at 3 months per unit of competency. In either situation, extensions of time are available in blocks of 3 months for an extension fee of $99.
FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set (Pre-requisite for FNS50217)
There are 7 units which form the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set and which are pre-requisites to undertaking the FNS50217 Diploma qualification. These 7 units constitute the requirements for the Accounting Principles Skill Set. Students must complete or hold the following 7 units, or their equivalent, all of which can be obtained from the FNS40217 Certificate IV qualification:
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems;
OR Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent;
OR Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent;
OR Completion of FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping.
- SUMMARY OF CORE UNITS AND ELECTIVE CHOICES (Unit Chooser form)
- FACT SHEET
- RPL – FNS50217 Recognition of Prior Learning – guide and application form
HOW DO I ENROL:
- Decide if you are going to do one unit at a time or enrol in the full course
- Fill in the Unit Chooser form above where you select your preferred Elective units and determine if you have applicable prior learning
- Click on the Enrol Here button above to enrol online
- Email the Unit Chooser form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include, if applicable, any Statements or Transcripts you may have from prior study
- If you need to pay for the course via instalments you will also need to send us the Pay-by-the-month form
- Once we have your enrolment details and your Unit Chooser Form, please allow up to 2 business days for us to process your details and send your links.
Remember, if you have completed relevant units of study previously, please also send us your Statement/Transcripts so we can allocate Credit Transfer to you for those units.
FOR STUDENTS ALREADY ENROLLED: If you have already enrolled in one unit at a time study and are ready for your next unit, please click here to choose and pay for your next unit. Please remember to nominate your next unit in the Order Notes field.
Back to Course Index Page