(The FULL Diploma – no pre-requisites)
PLEASE READ: DIPLOMA COURSE UPDATE INFORMATION
Our FNS50320 Diploma qualification is now available having been updated following compulsory TGA changes, as endorsed by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC). Due to these updates, we will be accepting FNS50315 assessment submissions only until the 31st of December 2021. Some students may have had allocated completion dates prior to this, and those earlier dates will remain in place. With a 31/12/2021 completion date for all students studying the FNS50315 Diploma course, whether this is the Diploma upgrade course or the Full Diploma course, we recognise that this may result in a completion period of less than the originally advised course completion time. If you are currently studying the FNS50315 Diploma course and do not anticipate being able to submit your assessments prior to 31/12/2021, transitions will be made available which will constitute additional study and assessment requirements. New students wishing to enrol in the current FNS50315 Diploma course may still do so, provided they are aware and acknowledge that course assessments must be submitted prior to 31/12/2021 and no time extensions will be possible.
FNS50320 DIPLOMA – designed and developed in consultation with industry experts, this nationally recognised comprehensive course is recognised by the MFAA, FBAA and ASIC and by lenders and aggregators within the mortgage and finance broking industry alike. There is no pre-requisite for this full Diploma course.
The Diploma of Finance & Mortgage Broking Management is available for those seeking to broaden the scope of their existing broking skills and business. It is designed to provide additional depth of understanding of both management skills and complex lending. This qualification reflects management roles in finance and mortgage broking where work is undertaken independently, through an aggregator, or involves managing a workplace team. At this level individuals are expected to apply theoretical knowledge and specialised skills in a range of situations and to display initiative and judgement in planning activities.
Trainees who already hold a Certificate IV in Finance & Mortgage Broking need only complete the Upgrade Diploma. Information on the Upgrade Diploma can be found if you click here.
To gain the Full Diploma FNS50320 qualification, trainees must complete 15 units – 10 core units and 5 pre-selected elective units, as follows:
FNSINC504 Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
FNSFMB512 Identify and develop credit options for clients with special financial circumstances
FNSFMB513 Present broking options to client with special financial circumstances
FNSFMB514 Implement complex loan structures
FNSFMK515 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
FNSINC411 Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
FNSFMB412 Identify client needs and present broking options
FNSFMB411 Prepare loan applications on behalf of clients
FNSCUS511 Develop and maintain professional relationships in financial services industry
FNSRSK511 Undertake Risk Identification
Pre-selected Elective Units:
FNSRSK512 Assess Risk
BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
FNSINC412 Apply and maintain knowledge of financial products and services
FNSFMB511 Implement credit contracts in preparation for settlement
BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
Study options and pricing:
- A 5-day workshop – these are presented as 3 days focusing on the Certificate IV and 2 days focusing on the Upgrade Diploma ($2140). Click here to see Scheduled Dates
- Distance learning (correspondence study with hard copy of course material express mailed), $1249
- Online learning (at home study via NFI’s online course platform), $1049
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for experienced lenders/loan officers/brokers/consultants, $849. Click here for RPL form.
The course has been developed for:
- People currently working for, or as, a mortgage broker or similar who are looking to formalise or expand their skills in order to offer clients commercial lending options;
- People who believe they would enjoy working in the mortgage broking industry and are looking to gain not only the formal qualification but additional knowledge to expand their future company’s scope;
- People who do not currently hold a Cert IV and want to undertake the Full Diploma in order to comply with the MFAA’s longer term education requirement for membership;
- People outside the industry who are considering entering the mortgage broking or lending industry in an advanced capacity in order to have the option of increasing their income from broking.
Trainees have 12 months in which to complete the full FNS50320 Diploma course but the structure is such that the course can be completed as quickly or as slowly as a trainee prefers within this time.
- Please refer to the Fact Sheet for further information and pricing regarding this course.
- Fact Sheet
- RPL guide and application form
- Scheduled Dates
- ENROLMENT FORM – If you are unable to enrol through our website (look for the green Enrol Here button), you can access an enrolment form in pdf format from this link which you can fax, mail or scan/email)
Back to Course Index Page