Obtain a recognised BAS and Payroll qualification with the FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set
The BAS Agent Registration Skill Set is a 2 unit Skill Set which is for individuals working in the accounting or finance industry needing a formal BAS and payroll qualification. Our Skill Set is nationally recognised and meets TPB requirements.
If you are searching for us on the TPB website, please note we are there just as “Registered Training Organisation” and your study or RPL completion will be accepted by the TPB as proof of your BAS/Payroll qualification/knowledge incorporating the required TASA / Code of Conduct topics.
The 2 units cover the topics of carrying out BAS responsibilities and how to create and maintain a Payroll system. Students are not required to have the use of a specific software package and completion of these two units will provide credit towards the full FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting qualification. As an RTO, NFI meets the qualification requirements through written assessments covering skills and knowledge requirements.
As a nationally recognised BAS Agent Course qualification it may suit those already working in the industry who already possess an older Cert IV, Diploma or Degree.
If this Skill Set does not reflect your situation you may want to look at the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set (Pre-requisite units for FNS50217). Completion of the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set is an entry requirement of FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting; and a partial entry requirement for FNS60217 Advanced Diploma of Accounting.
PRICING for FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set:
July 2021 “price rise” pricing:
– Online e-learning mode – $165 per unit – ie. $430 for the two units; OR
– Distance learning (hard copy provided plus online access) – $205 per unit (includes postage) – ie. $490 for the two units; OR
– RPL (recognition of your prior learning/experience) – $440 – as well as proof of skills, RPL also involves some online assessment activities.
Fees are inclusive of course access, support, assessment and Statement delivery. There is no GST component. Individual units’ completion time is a maximum of 3 months per unit. Extensions for single units are available after this time, if required, for a cost of $99 for every additional 3 months.
What does a BAS Agent do? – Click here to read about what being a BAS Agent involves.
The FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set includes the following two units:
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) requirements for registration include completion of these two units as a minimum, for those with experience.
Persons providing a BAS service for a fee must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and the FNS40217 qualification, or a higher qualification, is currently cited as meeting the TPB education requirements for registration. Other conditions apply, including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS Agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB (see www.tpb.gov.au for more information on becoming a BAS Agent, Bookkeeper or Accountant). Upon successful completion of the full FNS40217 qualification, you will have the advantage of a qualification that is recognised by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
Your allocated trainer (CPA qualified) will be available if you need guidance as you progress through your units. After completing this Skill Set, students may wish to continue with the full FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting.
HOW DO I ENROL TO STUDY THE 2 UNIT SKILL SET?
- Click on the green Enrol Here button on the left hand menu
- Choose the pink button showing the FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set
- Add to your cart, fill in your details and make your payment.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE 2 UNIT SKILL SET BY RPL?
- Click on this link to access the RPL guide and application form for FNS40217
- On page 1 of this form, choose “Selected units only …” and proceed to compile the information as detailed in the form in relation to the two units FNSTPB401 and FNSTPB402.
- Once you have filled in the applicable sections of the form and compiled your evidence, email it to NFI.
- You will then be given access to the online assessment activities to complete while your RPL submission is being reviewed. The review process will take approximately 2 weeks.
SEEK Employment Reports reveal that Accounting is the number one industry in the spotlight.
Salary and compensation remains the key driver of attraction for accounting talent and opportunities for external training and career development are considered more important than in other industries.
The desire for work-life balance still remains a priority. But the increase of cloud-based accounting means workers are no longer tied to travelling to an office and this may be driving the desire for flexible conditions, such as working from home, which is significantly more desirable among candidates seeking an accounting role.
In surveys, the desire for external training was regarded as a ‘must have’ and this may be due to requirements for industry certification and the need to keep up with changes to financial reporting and accounting standards.
Back to Course Index Page