“MFAA Preferred Training Provider”
Nothing counts like experience. The National Finance Institute has selected a team of trainers
who have significant experience in the finance industry.
With an average of ten years in mortgage lending, our broking industry trainers have experienced many types of borrowers, loan products and economic cycles. They know what it takes to be a successful mortgage professional.
We have trainers who have been residential mortgage brokers and commercial
mortgage brokers. Our bookkeeping and accounting trainers have also had
substantial experience and are CPA qualified.
Our trainers are able to impart their real world knowledge, providing relevant information that is delivered in a motivating and enlightening manner.
NFI has developed six Training Focus Areas:
- Industry experienced trainers: The National Finance Institute will only employ trainers with a minimum of 5 years experience in the relevant subject area.
- Extensive curriculum content: In developing the content for our courses, we ensure ‘no stone has been left unturned’. This will ensure not only a depth, but also a breadth of information is delivered on the subject being studied.
This means NFI's workshops incorporate the practical as well as the
- Productive learning environments: When learning in a classroom environment, the venue can have a major effect on the student’s ability to concentrate. With this in mind, we
aim to provide venues chosen based on comfort, access, facilities and noise
- Effective teaching techniques: There is more to training than simply reading from a textbook. A range of training strategies, materials and equipment will be used to achieve effective learning outcomes for
students attending workshops.
- Flexible course delivery: Wherever possible, we will offer training courses in face-to-face and
distance education modes to provide the opportunity to work training into other ‘life commitments’.
- Ongoing learning support: As part of our commitment to the success of all mortgage professionals, we provide telephone/email support to students after graduation. We will go to great lengths to help you succeed.
- Over 30 years experience as a residential and commercial
- Former CEO of the Finance Brokers Association of Australia
- Involvement with the National Finance Industry Training
Advisory Board in setting competency standards for finance broker training
- Former TAFE Lecturer in Finance Broking Practice Modules in WA
- Former Finance Lecturer in the Salesperson’s Registration Course offered by the Real Estate Institute of WA.
- Over 15 years' experience in the finance industry
- Prior roles included Regional Executive Retail for
N.A.B. and Business Development Manager for Macquarie Mortgages and
- Qualifications include Master of Education (Adult
Education), Diploma of Financial Services, Bachelor of Arts and
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Associate Chartered Accountant, Institute
of Chartered Accountants
- Bachelor of Business
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Adult Teaching
- Associate of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and
- Associate of The
Institute of Corporate Managers
IV in Training and Assessment
Jennifer Shaw McArdle
NFI Jobs .....
If you are interested in joining the NFI team as a casual/part-time Financial
Planning course trainer, please email your resume to
email@example.com providing a summary of your employment history, qualifications and training experience.
Financial Planner trainers will need to have both training and direct financial