Centrelink Approved Courses
For Mature Workers - a Government initiative.
Certificate III and Certificate IV study programs have been approved by Centrelink (the Department of Human Services), so that eligible individuals can seek financial assistance whilst studying full time with NFI. Study can be undertaken at any time e.g. nights and weekends allowing individuals to study when they want and to complete studies in a flexible self-paced environment. Individuals are responsible for notifying Centrelink upon completion of their studies.
Study hours provided below are for Centrelink purposes.
Older Workers Program and the Skills and Training Incentive
The Australian Government, through the Skills and Training Incentive (Incentive), provides up to $2,200 (GST inclusive) to co-fund training to help mature age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You are eligible for the Incentive if you:
• are aged 40 years or older
• are an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
• are currently employed or recently unemployed (within twelve months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider such as Workforce Australia or Disability Employment Services.
• have completed a Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (Program) assessment that identified training opportunities which were included in the Career Plan.
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
• visiting the Department of Employment and Workplace Relation’s website at
www.dewr.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program; and Skills and Training Incentive; and
• contacting a local Program Provider, who can help you apply for the Program and
potentially access the Incentive, using the details below:
The Busy Group
13 BUSY (13 28 79)
You may be able to obtain the Incentive in relation to training that we provide. However, The National Finance Institute does not facilitate the funding incentive, and we cannot advise you about your eligibility.
Eligibility for the Incentive is subject to completing a Skills Checkpoint assessment and Career Plan. Please also note that you or your current employer must co-contribute and fund the balance of the training course costs after the government contribution is applied which at most can be up to 75% of training costs, up to the value of $2,200.
|NFI approval code: 4P702
|Centrelink study hours:
|Course Code and Qualification Name
|Full Time Total Course
|Part Time Total
|BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
(23 weeks at 20 hours per week)
(52 weeks at
9 hours per week)
|Online / Self-paced
|FNS40122 Certificate IV in Credit Management
(20 weeks at 19.25 hours per week)
(50 weeks at 7.7 hours per week)
|Online / Self-paced
|FNS40821 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
(26 weeks at
21 hours per week)
|Class-based / Online /Self-paced / Blended
|FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services
(24 weeks at 20 hours per week)
(50 weeks at 9 hours per week)
|Online / Self-paced
|BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
(26 weeks at 20 hours per week)
(52 weeks at 10 hours per week)
|Online / Self-paced
The total course hours and duration are based upon nominal hours of the qualification. Individuals are able to complete their studies before the time frames listed. Centrelink determine a full time study load as 20 hours per week.
How do you apply for Centrelink financial assistance? What are the steps involved?
For general information on financial assistance available, please apply directly to your Centrelink office or refer to:
https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/themes/students-and-trainees for further information on the financial assistance available under the various allowance:
When applying please quote:
Registered Training Organisation: The National Finance Institute; Reference Number: 4P702
Third Party Agreement Approval for Walker and Miller Training Services / Broker Training for the following courses:
- FNS40820 / FNS40821 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- FNS50320 / FNS50322 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
Once we receive your enrolment, we will email your log-in details to you within 24-48 hours, and you can then start your online study immediately!
Click here to access the alternative interactive enrolment form which you can submit by email, mail or fax (interactive pdf format).
We accept PayPal, all Credit Cards, bank transfer, personal or business cheque.
We also have an Easy Payment Plan option available. This is a Pay-by-the-month Instalment option on your credit card (max term 4 months). Admin fee just $40 payable with your first instalment.
Note: Our Payment Plan is not available when choosing to pay for one unit at a time, nor for RPL applications.
How to Enrol using our Easy Payment Plan ...
- Click on the form link above, complete the form, ensure you understand the default fee clause, then Save the form.
- Click the Green 'Enrol Here' button and choose your course, add to Cart, proceed to the online Enrolment Form.
- Fill in the questions on the website page.
- When you reach the payment options at the bottom of the page, choose Easy Payment Plan.
- Then email your Payment Plan Form to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How our Easy Payment Plan can assist you
- This may help with your cashflow. As an example, you may want to enrol in the Certificate IV in Accounting and Booking by online study
- The course fee for online study is $1650
- You enrol and send us the Easy Payment Plan form with your credit card details, choosing a 4 month term
- We process your first instalment that day for $452.50 (which is $412.50 + $40 admin fee) and we give you access to your first 3 units.
- The same date in the following 3 months we process $412.50 on your credit card and each time we give you access to your next group of units
- After 4 months you are paid in full, have access to all of your units and still have 12 months, from the date you first enrolled, to finish your course
- Important: you must ensure you have funds available each month to cover the transaction, or a $10 default fee will be charged for each transaction that does not clear on the due date.
The National Finance Institute offers its courses at competitive prices which means pay less now so no big debt down the track.
NFI's programs are currently offered on a direct user pay scheme - ie. you enrol and pay NFI directly (either as an individual trainee or via an organisation). NFI does not charge any additional interest on your enrolment fee when you enrol, even if you choose to pay by instalments. NFI does not offer any direct programs under government funding or increased debt deferment schemes. However, NFI programs listed above are Centrelink approved and individuals may apply directly to Centrelink for assistance or receipt of benefits whilst studying these programs with NFI.
The alternative Mature Workers option through Busy At Work may also suit some students.