Nothing counts like experience. The National Finance Institute has selected a team of trainers who have significant experience in the finance industry.
With an average of ten years in mortgage lending, our broking industry trainers have experienced many types of borrowers, loan products and economic cycles. They know what it takes to be a successful mortgage professional. We have trainers who have been residential mortgage brokers and commercial mortgage brokers. Our bookkeeping and accounting trainers have also had substantial experience and are CPA qualified.
Our trainers are able to impart their real world knowledge, providing relevant information that is delivered in a motivating and enlightening manner. NFI has developed six Training Focus Areas:
- Industry experienced trainers: The National Finance Institute will only employ trainers with a minimum of 5 years experience in the relevant subject area.
- Extensive curriculum content: In developing the content for our courses, we ensure 'no stone has been left unturned'. This will ensure not only a depth, but also a breadth of information is delivered on the subject being studied. This means NFI's workshops incorporate the practical as well as the theoretical.
- Productive learning environments: When learning in a classroom environment, the venue can have a major effect on the student's ability to concentrate. With this in mind, we aim to provide venues chosen based on comfort, access, facilities and noise levels.
- Effective teaching techniques: There is more to training than simply reading from a textbook. A range of training strategies, materials and equipment will be used to achieve effective learning outcomes for students attending workshops.
- Flexible course delivery: Wherever possible, we will offer training courses in face-to-face and distance education modes to provide the opportunity to work training into other 'life commitments'.
- Ongoing learning support: As part of our commitment to the success of all mortgage professionals, we provide telephone/email support to students after graduation. We will go to great lengths to help you succeed.
- Managing Director of The National Finance Institute
- Over 30 years experience in the finance industry and has personally written in excess of 5,000 mortgages
- Previously State Manager (WA) for St George Bank and State Sales Manager for Mortgage Force
- Peter is a Fellow of FINSIA, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Mortgage Brokers and a Fellow of the Institute of Financial Services
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Has facilitated numerous seminars, workshops, CPD training seminars, etc.
- Co-author of the Australian Mortgage Marketing Handbook
- Over 30 years experience as a residential and commercial finance broker
- Former CEO of the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA)
- Involvement with the National Finance Industry Training Advisory Board in setting competency standards for finance broker training
- Former TAFE Lecturer in Finance Broking Practice in WA
- Former Finance Lecturer for the Real Estate Institute of WA.
- Over 15 years' experience in the finance industry
- Prior roles included Regional Executive Retail for N.A.B. and Business Development Manager for Macquarie Mortgages and Westpac
- Qualifications include Master of Education (Adult Education), Diploma of Financial Services, Bachelor of Arts and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Associate Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Bachelor of Business
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Adult Teaching
- Associate of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, London
- Associate of The Institute of Corporate Managers
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- A highly experienced accountant who has worked in professional accounting offices and commercial enterprises in Australia and UK.
- He is a Fellow of the National Institute of Public Accountants and the Institute of Financial Accountants (UK) and is a qualified Justice of the Peace in Qld.
- John has many recent years of experience in the Australian Sporting Industry, having worked as Commercial Manager/Financial Controller at Queensland Cricket and has also held board positions within the industry
- He is unashamedly enthusiastic about helping students gain their qualifications in accounting.
- As one of NFI’s mortgage broking qualification assessors, Shirley has over 20 years in banking and finance including 10 years as a mortgage broker
- Previous roles included positions with Bendigo Bank, First Australian Building Society and Westpac.
- Qualifications include the Certificate IV Finance & Banking, Certificate IV in Financial Services (Mortgage Broking) and the Diploma of Financial Services (Mortgage & Finance Broking Management)
- Over 40 years’ experience in Banking in Senior Retail and Commercial fields including credit management
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
- Advanced Management, The University of Melbourne
- Accredited Trainer in Sales and Sales Management Retail / Commercial Lending and Wealth Management.
Jennifer Shaw McArdle
- 37 years in the financial services industry
- 17 years in the broking industry
- Big 4 Bank Manager approving and processing home loans and assisting brokers
- Cert IV MB, Dip MBM, RG146, TAE
- Bachelor of Business Accounting
- Member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Member of Chartered Global Management Accountants
- Member of Certified Practicing Accountants
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
NFI Jobs .....
If you are interested in joining the NFI team as a casual/part-time Financial Planning course trainer, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org providing a summary of your employment history, qualifications and training experience. Financial Planner trainers will need to have both training and direct financial planning experience/qualifications.