We offer Nationally Recognised Training, Centrelink Approved Courses since 2005
Peter Heinrich started the business with the objective of forming the industry's leading training organisation. Both directors have extensive experience in the finance industry.
For over 20 years Peter Heinrich was heavily involved in the banking and mortgage broking industries. The last 7 years in banking were as State Manager (WA) for St George Bank, with a major focus on growing the mortgage broking unit.
Peter was involved in the 'Building the Future' program, which shaped the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) into a relevant industry association and he also pioneered mobile lending, as one of Australia's first mobile lenders back in 1984.
After leaving banking, Peter became the State Sales Manager for Mortgage Force, a national mortgage origination company. His positions have always involved training in lending and customer service staff. Prior to forming The National Finance Institute, Peter was Managing Director for a rival training organisation, which he founded in 2001. He is a Fellow of FINSIA, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Mortgage Brokers and a Fellow of the Institute of Financial Services. Peter also holds a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.
Peter is a widely sought-after public speaker, with a vast array of proven examples, real-life case studies and industry-specific strategies to fire at the audience. Peter was a guest presenter at the Australian Mortgage Summit and has spoken at numerous national conferences and professional development workshops. He is also the co-author of the best-selling Australian Mortgage Marketing Handbook.
Click here to see information on our Trainers.
The National Finance Institute has provided specialised training services since 2005 and offers the following services as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Ref 31203):
FNS NATIONALLY RECOGNISED FINANCIAL SERVICES COURSES
- FNS40821 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking - this nationally recognised course is for those seeking formal qualification as a mortgage broker. Recognised by the MFAA, FBAA, ASIC, lenders and aggregators. Options: 3-day Live Workshop; Distance Learning; Online E-learning; RPL.
- FNS50320 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management - this nationally recognised Diploma course is for individuals seeking advanced knowledge and skills that are required to be a professional finance or mortgage broker, offering services which may include commercial lending. There are 2 course choices:
- Upgrade Diploma - suitable for individuals who already hold the FNS40804 / FNS40810 / FNS40811 / FNS40815 / FNS40820 / FNS40821 Certificate IV qualification and are seeking a higher qualification
- Full Diploma - suitable for individuals who do not have a Certificate IV qualification but require only a single Diploma qualification.
Options: Live Workshops | Distance Learning | Online E-learning | RPL.
- FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services - this nationally recognised course is intended to provide a flexible general purpose pathway for those looking to enter or already in the financial services industry looking to formalise their skills. It is intended to meet the training needs of employees with roles that involve working across a range of duties in the financial services sector where a specialist qualification is not the most suitable qualification to meet their training needs. It contains 13 units. Options: Online E-learning; Distance Learning; RPL.
- FNS40120 Certificate IV in Credit Management
This qualification is the industry recommended pathway for persons typically employed as credit officers, collection officers, team leaders and supervisors providing an intermediate understanding of credit management functions. Trainees undertaking this qualification may wish to use it as part of their pathway towards the higher qualification of the Diploma of Financial Services (Banking). It is an excellent extension to other FNS/mortgage broking courses for those wishing to target larger financial institutions in their career goals. Options: Online E-Learning; Distance learning; RPL.
- FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping has 13 units and is a nationally recognised qualification that’s ideal for aspiring and practising bookkeepers and BAS (Business Activity Statement) agents. Options: Online E-learning; Distance learning; RPL.
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
The Diploma of Accounting FNS50217 course has 11 units and a Skills Set of 7 units (pre-requisites). No pre-requisites required if the Cert IV is held. Options: Online E-learning; Distance learning; RPL.
BSB NATIONALLY RECOGNISED BUSINESS COURSES
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
This qualification may suit those wanting an introduction to broad range of administrative skills suitable for an office environment. A great introduction to the business world. Options: RPL, Online, or distance learning.
- BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification is suitable for individuals working as developing or existing managers in a range of industries. Options: Online e-learning, distance learning or RPL.
- BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification is the industry recommended pathway for persons typically employed in or looking to become employed in a leadership or managerial position. Options: online, distance learning or RPL.
- Recognition of Prior Learning for individuals with two years experience or more who are seeking to gain their qualification through RPL rather than study. Click here for more RPL information. RPL is available on all our qualifications.
- CPD Courses Short Courses - professional development (CPD) short courses - access our online "short courses" instantly for a Certificate of Completion. Click here to access more details on Short Courses
- Webinars - Our webinar series has now finished.
- Marketing products, compliance products (eg. A.C.L. Kit).
- SEMINARS - The Psychology of a Loan; The 5 Drivers of Revenue Growth; Efficiency in Business Operations: Our last Professional Broker Seminar Session was run in Adelaide. You can request a seminar for your organisation.
- Click here for some general guidelines on How To Become a Mortgage Broker
Remember the Royal Commission outcomes? Here are two of many available Podcasts discussing this topic, from early 2020:
Great podcast about how a broker got started: