Peter Heinrich started the business with the objective of forming the industry's leading training organisation. Both directors have extensive experience in the finance industry.
For over 20 years Peter Heinrich was heavily involved in the banking and mortgage broking industries. The last 7 years in banking were as State Manager (WA) for St George Bank, with a major focus on growing the mortgage broking unit.
Peter was involved in the 'Building the Future' program, which shaped the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) into a relevant industry association and he also pioneered mobile lending, as one of Australia's first mobile lenders back in 1984.
After leaving banking, Peter became the State Sales Manager for Mortgage Force, a national mortgage origination company. His positions have always involved training in lending and customer service staff. Prior to forming The National Finance Institute, Peter was Managing Director for a rival training organisation, which he founded in 2001. He is a Fellow of FINSIA, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Mortgage Brokers and a Fellow of the Institute of Financial Services. Peter also holds a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.
Peter is a widely sought-after public speaker, with a vast array of proven examples, real-life case studies and industry-specific strategies to fire at the audience. Peter was a guest presenter at the Australian Mortgage Summit and has spoken at numerous national conferences and professional development workshops. He is also the co-author of the best-selling Australian Mortgage Marketing Handbook.
Click here to see information on our Trainers.
The National Finance Institute has provided specialised training services since 2005 and offers the following services as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Ref 31203):
FNS NATIONALLY RECOGNISED FINANCIAL SERVICES COURSES
- FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking - this nationally recognised course is for those seeking formal qualification as a mortgage broker. Recognised by the MFAA, FBAA, ASIC, lenders and aggregators. Options: 3-day Live Workshop; Distance Learning; Online E-learning; RPL.
- FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management - this nationally recognised Diploma course is for individuals seeking advanced knowledge and skills that are required to be a professional finance or mortgage broker, offering services which may include commercial lending. There are 2 course choices:
- Upgrade Diploma - suitable for individuals who currently already hold the FNS40804 / FNS40810 / FNS40811 / FNS40815 Certificate IV qualification and are seeking a higher qualification
- Full Diploma - suitable for individuals who do not have a Certificate IV qualification but require only a single Diploma qualification.
Options: Face-to-face Workshops; Distance Learning; Online E-learning; RPL.
- FNS41815 Certificate IV in Financial Services - this nationally recognised course is intended to provide a flexible general purpose pathway for those looking to enter or already in the financial services industry looking to formalise their skills. It is intended to meet the training needs of employees with roles that involve working across a range of duties in the financial services sector where a specialist qualification is not the most suitable qualification to meet their training needs. It contains 13 units. Options: Online E-learning; Distance Learning; RPL.
- FNS40115 Certificate IV in Credit Management
This qualification is the industry recommended pathway for persons typically employed as credit officers, collection officers, team leaders and supervisors providing an intermediate understanding of credit management functions. Trainees undertaking this qualification may wish to use it as part of their pathway towards the higher qualification of the Diploma of Financial Services (Banking). It is an excellent extension to other FNS/mortgage broking courses for those wishing to target larger financial institutions in their career goals. Options: Online E-Learning; Distance learning; RPL.
- FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (NEW!)
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping has 13 units and is a nationally recognised qualification that’s ideal for aspiring and practising bookkeepers and BAS (Business Activity Statement) agents. Options: Online E-learning; Distance learning; RPL.
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting (NEW!)
The Diploma of Accounting FNS50217 course has 11 units and a Skills Set of 6 units (pre-requisites). No pre-requisites required if the Cert IV is held. Options: Online E-learning; Distance learning; RPL.
- FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
The Certificate IV in Bookkeeping FNS40215 is a nationally recognised qualification that's ideal for aspiring and practising bookkeepers and BAS (Business Activity Statement) agents. Options: Online E-learning; Distance learning; RPL.
- FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
The Certificate IV in Accounting FNS40615 course aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to undertake operational reporting, prepare simple management reports and perform financial calculations. It also meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) education requirements for registered BAS (Business Activity Statements) agents. Course is Centrelink approved. Options: Online E-learning; Distance learning; RPL.
- FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
The Diploma of Accounting FNS50215 course has no pre-requisites although we recommend that some basic knowledge is already held. Enrol in the full course or in one unit at a time. Options: Online E-learning; Distance learning; RPL.
BSB NATIONALLY RECOGNISED BUSINESS COURSES
- BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Options: Online, distance learning or RPL.
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Options: Online e-learning, distance learning or RPL.
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification is the industry recommended pathway for persons typically employed in or looking to become employed in a managerial position. Options: online, distance learning or RPL.
- Recognition of Prior Learning for finance brokers with two years experience or more who are seeking to gain their FNS40815 Cert IV or FNS50315 Diploma qualification. Click here for more RPL information. RPL is available on all our courses.
- CPD Courses Short Courses - professional development (CPD) short courses - various delivery options for groups or access our online short courses instantly. Click here to access more details on Short Courses
- Webinars - Our webinar series has now finished. Click here for previous years' information.
- Marketing products, compliance products (eg. A.C.L. Kit) and consulting services.
- SEMINARS - The Psychology of a Loan; The 5 Drivers of Revenue Growth; Efficiency in Business Operations: Our last Professional Broker Seminar Session was run in Adelaide. You can request a seminar for your organisation.
- Click here for some general guidelines on How To Become a Mortgage Broker