(The FULL Diploma – no pre-requisites)
PLEASE READ: DIPLOMA COURSE UPDATE INFORMATION
Our FNS50315 Diploma qualification is currently being updated following compulsory TGA changes required, as endorsed by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC). Due to these updates, we will be accepting FNS50315 assessment submissions only until the 31st of December 2021. Some students may have had allocated completion dates prior to this, and those earlier dates will remain in place. With a 31/12/2021 completion date for all students studying the FNS50315 Diploma course, whether this is the Diploma upgrade course or the Full Diploma course, we recognise that this may result in a completion period of less than the originally advised course completion time. If you are currently studying the FNS50315 Diploma course and do not anticipate being able to submit your assessments prior to 31/12/2021, transitions will be made available which will constitute additional study and assessment requirements. New students wishing to enrol in the current FNS50315 Diploma course may still do so, provided they are aware and acknowledge that course assessments must be submitted prior to 31/12/2021 and no time extensions will be possible.
Designed and developed in consultation with industry experts, this nationally recognised comprehensive course is recognised by the MFAA, FBAA and ASIC and by lenders and aggregators within the mortgage and finance broking industry alike. There is no pre-requisite for this full Diploma course.
The Diploma of Finance & Mortgage Broking Management is available for those seeking to broaden the scope of their existing broking skills and business. It is designed to provide additional depth of understanding of both management skills and commercial lending. This qualification reflects management roles in finance and mortgage broking where work is undertaken independently, through an aggregator, or involves managing a workplace team. At this level individuals are expected to apply theoretical knowledge and specialised skills in a range of situations and to display initiative and judgement in planning activities.
Trainees who already hold a Certificate IV in Finance & Mortgage Broking need only complete the Upgrade Diploma. Information on the Upgrade Diploma can be found if you click here.
To gain the Full Diploma FNS50315 qualification, trainees must complete 15 units – 10 core units and 5 pre-selected elective units, as follows:
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- FNSCUS501 Develop and nurture relationships with clients, other professionals and third party referrers
- FNSFMB401 Prepare loan application on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients
- FNSFMB402 Identify client needs for broking services
- FNSFMB403 Present broking options to client
- FNSFMB502 Identify and develop complex broking options for clients with complex needs
- FNSFMB503 Present broking options to client with complex needs
- FNSFMB504 Implement complex loan structures
- FNSFMK505 Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
Pre-selected Elective Units:
- FNSINC402 Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- FNSPRM601 Establish, supervise and monitor practice systems to conform with legislation and regulations
- FNSRSK602 Determine and manage risk exposure strategies
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
Study options and pricing:
- A 5-day workshop – these are presented as 3 days focussing on the Certificate IV and 2 days focussing on the Upgrade Diploma ($2140). Click here to see Scheduled Dates
- Distance learning (correspondence study with hard copy of course material express mailed), $1249
- Online learning (at home study via NFI’s online course platform), $1049
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for experienced lenders/loan officers/brokers/consultants, $849. Click here for RPL form.
The course has been developed for:
- People currently working for, or as, a mortgage broker or similar who are looking to formalise or expand their skills in order to offer clients commercial lending options;
- People who believe they would enjoy working in the mortgage broking industry and are looking to gain not only the formal qualification but additional knowledge to expand their future company’s scope;
- People who do not currently hold a Cert IV and want to undertake the Full Diploma in order to comply with the MFAA’s longer term education requirement for membership;
- People outside the industry who are considering entering the mortgage broking or lending industry in an advanced capacity in order to have the option of increasing their income from broking.
Trainees have 12 months in which to complete the full FNS50315 Diploma course but the structure is such that the course can be completed as quickly or as slowly as a trainee prefers within this time.
- Please refer to the Fact Sheet for further information and pricing regarding this course.
- Fact Sheet
- RPL guide and application form
- Scheduled Dates
- ENROLMENT FORM – If you are unable to enrol through our website (look for the green Enrol Here button), you can access an enrolment form in pdf format from this link which you can fax, mail or scan/email)
Back to Course Index Page